CIO+ • Board Member • Chief Transformation Officer • Management Consultant • M&A • Strategy • Turnarounds
Kevin is a highly-driven operations and technology officer, board member and management consultant with a track record of helping companies grow, boost profitability, gain new efficiencies, and elevate the customer experience, through digital initiatives, transformations, strategic cost reduction, modernization, data and analytics, mergers and acquisitions and cultural change. Experienced with startups to Fortune 100s and locations in North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
• Orchestrated two digital transformations. Streamlined and digitized operations, boosted efficiency, elevated the customer experience, and increased sales (created a digital sales channel, simplified and accelerated sales processes, and reduced prospect defection). The key challenges were influencing stakeholders to invest and managing strategic change with the staff.
• Modernized and rationalized the technology landscape at 35 acquired companies plus others. This included system selections, configurations, deployments, data conversions, sunsetting legacy systems, cloud, Agile, MVP, and DevOps.
• Developed and executed three data and analytics strategies that empowered stakeholders to make data-driven decisions.
• Led two turnarounds: a problematic “digitization” and a troubled global operations and systems transformation.
• Co-led 35 M&A acquisitions, improved all phases, averted redundancies for a greater realization of synergy and value, and streamlined operations and IT. Transformed IT from a service provider to a strategic partner, and created Shared Services.
• Led a cultural transformation and cultivated an environment where people are inspired, challenged, self-motivated and highly engaged.
• Kevin serves as a Columbia University Executive Master’s Program mentor, on company and industry boards, as a tech startup mentor, innovation and transformation judge, and has presented his successful approach to cultivating a high-performance culture at CHRO and CIO conferences.
Please see the menu for unique content.
Boards, Thought Leadership, Mentoring, Public Speaking
- Mensura Capital – Board of Advisors, Georgia, 2022 – Present
- Chirino Investment Group – Board Member, Florida, 2021 – 2022
- Capson Physicians Insurance Company – Board Observer and Strategic Company Assessment, Texas, 2014 – 2015
- Columia University Executive Master’s Program – Mentor, New York, 2019 – Present
- Advisory Board – HMG Strategy, New York, 2018 – Present
- Governing Body – Gartner / Evanta CIO, New York, 2013, 2017 – Present
- Governing Body – Gartner / Evanta CDO, New York, 2014 – Present
- Tech Startup Mentor – StartUpBootCamp, Hartford Insurtech Hub, 2018 – Present
- Innovation and Transformation Judge – InsurTech Innovation In Action Awards, Strategy Meets Action, Boston, 2016, 2018 – Present
- Advisor – New Jersey Technology Council, 2015 – 2017
- Building World Class IT is a People Project (Driving cultural change & creating a high-performing organization) – The New York CHRO Summit, 2019, The Heller Report, Boston, 2018, NY CIO Midmarket Summit, 2013 (More information)
- Demystifying a Digital Transformation (Sharing 7 key insights from a Digital Transformation) – The Heller Report, Boston (More information)
- Transforming IT from service provider to strategic partner – The Heller Report, Boston (More information)
- A Near-Term Look at the Customer Experience of the Future – IIR, Washington (More information)