CIO • Board Member • Chief Transformation Officer • Management Consultant • M&A • Strategy
Kevin is a board member, operations and technology officer, and management consultant with extensive digital transformation, technology modernization, data and analytics, mergers and acquisitions, turnarounds, strategic cost reduction, and cultural evolution experience. Through his efforts, Kevin’s helped companies grow, gain new efficiencies, boost the customer experience, and reduce costs.
• Orchestrated a digital transformation and turned around another “troubled” transformation. Streamlined and digitized operations, boosted efficiency, elevated the customer experience, and increased sales (created a digital sales channel, simplified and accelerated sales processes, and reduced prospect defection). The key challenges were influencing stakeholders to invest and managing strategic change with the staff.
• Modernized and rationalized the technology landscape at 35 acquired companies, plus others. Scope included system selections, configurations, deployments, data conversions, and sunsetting legacy systems, networks, and data centers. Cloud, Agile, MVP, and DevOps.
• Developed and executed three data and analytics strategies that empowered stakeholders to make data-informed decisions.
• Led two turnarounds: a problematic “digitization” and a troubled global operations and systems transformation.
• Co-led 35 M&A acquisitions, improved all phases, and averted redundancies for a greater realization of synergy and value. Streamlined operations and IT. Created Shared Services
• Transformed IT from service provider to strategic partner.
• Led a cultural transformation and cultivated an environment where people are inspired, challenged, self-motivated and highly engaged.
Please see the menu for unique content.
Mensura Capital (investment bank)
• Board of Advisors, Georgia, 2022 – Present
Chirino Investment Group (M&A acquisition firm for IT service providers)
• Board Member, Florida, 2021 – 2022
Capson Physicians Insurance Company
• Board Observer and Strategic Company Assessment, Texas, 2014 – 2015
FAIRCO (digital sales and service, insurance company), New York, 2014 – Present
• Vice President of IT/CIO, Certain Business Operations, 2020 – Present
• Vice President of IT/CIO, 2014 – 2019
Hub International (brokerage, $17B sales, 17K staff, 5th largest globally, M&A, PE-owned), New York, 2006 – 2014
• CIO Group, 2008 – 2014
• CIO Northeast Company, 2006 – 2008
ISO Corporation (data and analytics)
• Division CIO, New York, 1995 – 1998
Medco Health (health and disease management)
• Senior Manager, New Jersey, 1993 – 1995
Briarwood Consulting Group
• Founder, Contract CIO, Management Consultant, New York, 2001 – 2006
• The Hartford, Swiss Re, Heineken, CMIC
• Management Consultant, New York, 1998 – 2001
• Prudential, Liberty Mutual, Nationwide, Pfizer, Deloitte’s internal initiatives
• Kevin serves as a Columbia University Executive Master’s Program mentor, on company and industry boards, as a tech startup mentor, innovation and transformation judge, and has presented his successful approach to cultivating a high-performance culture at CHRO and CIO conferences.